Starter's Guide to Pokefind!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SadAtron, Jul 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

Did it Help?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. SadAtron

SadAtron Active Member

Introduction:
    Hello and Welcome to Pokefind! In this forum post I will be teaching everything you need to know to get started on Pokefind. If you have any feedback, questions, or you think I have missed something, feel free to comment down below!

Preparation:
    First to join Pokefind you will need to be on Minecraft version 1.10.2 - 1.11.2. When you go to join the server stop. Select the server, click 'Edit' and make sure Resource Pack is enabled. It is preferred that you download the corresponding Optifine version. This mod boosts FPS and gives you many more options and you can zoom in. You can find more uses here and download Optifine here. If you have issues connecting to the server try doing these steps here and here.

Starting Your Journey:
    You should be all set to join the world of Mod-Free Pokemon! When you first join Pokefind you will find yourself in a lobby. Right-click the compass to open a window that gives you three choices. Pokeworld(map), Pokewars(bed), or Pokemon Skyblock(grass block). For the purpose of this forum post we will only be looking at Pokeworld. Click the map and you should be sent to the Pokeworld lobby. You screen will freeze as you download the texture pack needed. If you get a prompt click on yes and if you don't get anything check the forum posts linked above. After the grueling wait you will be able to move again. Right-click the compass and you will get to select Kyoto region(gen 1) or Jataro region(gen 2). You will have to join the Kyoto region as that is where you will start your journey as a Pokemon master. Select any of the lobbies, once you join you will be sent straight over to a Professor Hemlock's lab where you are given the choice to choose between three Pokemon: Squirtle, Charmander(My favorite), and Bulbasaur. I suggest Charmander or Squirtle because Bulbasaur is bad. Once you choose one Pokemon. You are able to play Pokemon in Minecraft! Battle wild Pokemon by selecting the Pokemon in your hot bar and either right-clicking, left-clicking, or press Q. Try to level up your Pokemon and trainer level before catching anything. If you have Charmander I suggest you head to Foretree Village and if you have Squirtle go to Amber City and if you have Bulbasaur go to Coast City. This is beneficial due to type advantages so it helps you kill the Pokemon there quicker therefore level up quicker.

Leveling Up:
    As you level up the max level of wild Pokemon will increase but the trainer XP you need to gain will increase as well. More effort will be required. Try to take advantage of Elixirs that are active by battling continuously as you will have a x2 multiplier. You could buy your own elixir to get a x3 XP multiplier here. As you level up more Pokemon will be unlocked and be able to be caught. You will be able to trade for higher level Pokemon. At a point around level 25 you will only progress 1-2 levels per day depending on how much you play. Just remember not to give up.

Max Level:
    Once you reach level 30 which is the max level for the Kyoto(Gen 1) you wont be able to receive trainer XP in Kyoto(Gen 1) any more. You will have to do /lobby and join the Jataro Region(Gen 2) to continue your leveling. Once you go to Jataro(Gen 2) you will have to chose a new starter between Cyndaquil, Totodile, or Chikorita. You will not be able to use your high level Gen 1 Pokemon until a certain level that can be revealed by attempting to send out the Pokemon and you will have your answer in chat.

Extra Tips:

Gen 2 Pokemon: Gen 2 Pokemon obtained in the wild will not be able to receive XP in Kyoto until you reach Trainer Level 50.
    This does not apply for Pokemon received from eggs.

Gen 1 Pokemon:
    Gen 1 Pokemon when obtained in the wild and evolved into Gen 2 Pokemon will not be able to receive XP in Kyoto until Trainer Level 50.
    This does not apply for Pokeon received from eggs

Scam: Always record Pokemon/Item trades in case of scammers. They can be reported in #punishment-reports on Pokefind's discord here.

Report: Hackers or scammers can be reported here or join the Pokefind discord here and report them at #punishment-report channel

BIG TIP: Join Discord. It gives you access to many resources such as friends, company, help, and most importantly..... FUN.

Here are some Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

and everything else you need to know here -Thank Clarky :)

If you need any help or you have more questions feel free to message me on discord or comment down below.

That's all and anything you think I need to add comment down below!

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
    Brok3n, Grapes, iwin1302 and 2 others like this.
  2. MsNaz

MsNaz Owner Owner Manager QA Manager Staff Manager Support Manager

This seems really helpful to pair with Clarkys post! Very informative, especially concerning the trainer levels and leveling up :D

3. kdrshv

kdrshv Active Member

Nice post .
    You should add also:
    wild gen 1 pokemons (from both maps) if evolved in gen 2 pokemons won't gain exp as well in Gen 1 map.

4. SadAtron

SadAtron Active Member

Thanks guys and kdr I added your suggestion to the post. :)

5. Voultronix

Voultronix Crazy Active Member

Simons/ Clarkys one covers more gorund , perhaps consider working with them?

6. evanmarioboy

evanmarioboy Member

Very Rich in Information! This will help a lot of people! Good job! :)

Grapes likes this.
  7. iwin1302

iwin1302 Active Member

That is a really good guild for beginner. Like :)

8. BJarurunaja

BJarurunaja New Member

what in the server name?

9. BJarurunaja

BJarurunaja New Member

I new acount user

10. BJarurunaja

BJarurunaja New Member

in the chatting program a exe file?

11. Baeporeon

Baeporeon UBER Active Member

Thread Locked.