a NSFW channel for discord.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by minermaotwno1, Jan 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. minermaotwno1

minermaotwno1 Member

personally why i think of this idea is cause i got muted many time for a single curse.
    the last one was perm mute that makes me feels kinda unfair...it's really annoying and really ridiculous for the punishment like i just murdered a dog or something.
    i think the current punishment system really makes swearing cost too much than it should deserve
    -if in your whole life you never curse or swearing for even once,you can said my idea was wrong.
    but face the fact.
    IF the kids gonna learn swearing and curse,they gonna LEARN it at some point on their life.and i don't really care about which moment but what we doing is making is kinda useless to be honest.
    we curse every time when there's something bad happen.your feat kick the rock,you stepped on lego,and lots more cases.and as i said,a nsfw channel would be good to let your rage have a exit to get out.
    and i'll repeat: if the kids gonna learn the curse, they gonna LEARN it anyways.what we doing is like a sunday saint-yes this word comes from google translation,but that's what i mean-we cover our us and pretend we didn't saw that while its happening anyways.

personal edit for reply comments:
    yea yea yea if you guys really want everyone being kind friendly as you imagine why don't you go make a national stuff and cut out the throat of people who curse lol we all gonna learn it someway and it doesn't matter

Last edited: Jan 21, 2019
  2. Hello_Cactus

Hello_Cactus New Member

Pokefind is not a NSFW server, it is a friendly community based Minecraft server that respects people of all ages, and I think a NSFW discord server would ruin that reputation.

_ImACqctus_ likes this.
  3. HeNeedSomeHeals

HeNeedSomeHeals New Member

Seriously? This is a kid friendly server, and to be honest, getting mad over swearing in a game designed for children is just sad.

_ImACqctus_ likes this.
  4. _Bunstop_

_Bunstop_ Well-Known Member

I doubt Pokefind will get a NSFW channel, as the others above me said this is a kid-friendly server and it's going to be like that for a while. If you're mad at whatever and think you need to swear, typing in a swear word in chat is something we all can control.
    It's really not useless, the (swearing) punishment guidelines are put in place so that younger players don't get exposed to stuff they shouldn't know or see and so they can enjoy themselves here. As you said kids will eventually learn curse words no matter what, but it's better if that happens when they're older so people don't get a bad image of them.

That's my opinion on this matter, whether this happens or not is up to the higher staff, but I thought I should leave my thoughts here.

_ImACqctus_ likes this.
  5. minermaotwno1

minermaotwno1 Member

pokefind is not only a kids server either,as you mentioned its for all ages and including people like me who normally curse-harmlessly-when bad things happen.that's why i said we should get nsfw channel or why i don't just suggest allow curse?i still thinks we needs to give kids some space to choose whether they would gonna go in and learn it as most people gonna do or decided no,learn it at other way or never learn them in their entire life like if anyone could really do that

6. Sagestar

Sagestar Member

It wasn't buntop who mentioned it being all ages server :p also I understand somewhat why wanting to gt that channel, but I must agree with Buntop that it would be a bad idea simply because kids are a majority of players on this server and so would be inappropriate and put a lot of tules we have into question.

7. _Bunstop_

_Bunstop_ Well-Known Member

People who know how to curse have to acknowledge the fact that some younger players don't want to see those words. Lots of people who could swear don't because it's against the rules and there's people younger than them here who want to enjoy themselves and they have to accommodate (hope I spelt that right xd) them.

8. JFan

JFan Crazy Active Member

to be honest, PokeFind is not a channel for others to send NSFW thingies since PokeFInd discord is a place for others to report players/glitches, appealing (hopefully there is) and discussing.

9. DarkEclipic

DarkEclipic Active Member

This wont happen in the first place, your welcomed to message me personally on discord or on the forums on why it wont be added.

PokeFind is a PG Server and shall stay one until the end of time

10. Voultronix

Voultronix Crazy Active Member

This is a bad suggestion on so many levels. I'm sorry to say but:

1) Kids have no real barrier to a NSFW channel other than a yes or no meaning anyone can join regardless of age
    2) There is no actual need to swear to everyone as you can do so in your own space not in the chat
    3) Whether some kids know the swear words or not they should be encouraged to do so as this could cause issues in their real life.

I sometimes want to swear to when I get killed with 5 seconds left on the koth/envoy in factions but I keep it to myself and respect other players. I think pokefind has fair swearing rules as the minute pokefind gives any tiny bit of allowance of swearing it wil go downhill from there

_Bunstop_ and JFan like this.
  11. KING_L41

KING_L41 New Member

I believe this idea is great considering people need to be 13 to sign up to discord anyways, and at 13 I doubt a family friendly channel is required what I would do is allow cursing if it isn't used excessively or in a way meant to harm others

12. DarkEclipic

DarkEclipic Active Member

Closed due to Necroposting