Make shiny and Legendary pokemon able to spawn naturally.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Nate Lewis, Dec 11, 2017.

?

Should Shiny and Legendary pokemon be able to spawn naturally?

1. Yes it would be a cool addition

8 vote(s)
    32.0%
  2. No it would ruin the economy

17 vote(s)
    68.0%
  1. Nate Lewis

Nate Lewis New Member

I would like to see Legendary and Shiny pokemon be able to spawn naturally but of course have it for legendaries an absurdly low spawn rate like 0.0002 or something. with shinies spawning a bit more often like only a little rarer then dratini. I don't think it would ruin the economy especially if you made it where the legendaries caught naturally could not be traded and only 1 player could get it at the time of spawn similar to pixelmon. also make it that legendary pokemon gotten in eggs can be traded.

2. ShootingFor3

ShootingFor3 Manager / Jedi Master Staff Member Manager Staff Manager Support Manager

Legendary Pokemon are not going to be tradeable no matter what, that's already been said. As for Legendary Pokemon spawning? I doubt that would happen without good cause. They won't spawn naturally as it would defeat the purpose of buying Legend Rank. Shiny Pokemon being able to spawn would ruin the value of shinies as they are only obtainable in eggs which can be traded.

3. Voultronix

Voultronix Crazy Active Member

This is never gonna happen for so many reasons. You have to do quests to get legendary Pokemon and it will probably stay like that forever

4. Prokopis

Prokopis Active Member

In my opinion this kind of update would destroy the economy of the server and the value each pokemon has.That's why there are different quest to help you get eggs and the Legendary Bird ;)

5. Austin Dewitt Crawford

Austin Dewitt Crawford Member

I'm not trying to be negative sounding, but think about these 2 things. You have a spare $200 (US Dollars). You want to help support the server and get a legendary Pokemon of your choosing plus a Generation 3 Legendary Egg. Cool I get a Generation 1 or 2 Legendary and a Random Generation 3 Legendary. Cool two Legendaries along with priority with the server if full. Cool I also get a kit with 3 Masterballs no way sweet, rare candies, and Lucky Eggs. This is amazing. I'm one of the few people with Lugia, or whatever Legendary I chose.

1 week later Legendary Pokemon can now spawn in the wild. Okay now you think to yourself "WOW I JUST WASTED $200 FOR SOMETHING THAT COULD MADE ME FEEL SPECIAL NOW EVERYONE CAN GET LEGENDARIES!!" Chat says "OMG GUYS LUGIA TPA." Everyone tpas to the Lugia and now every Legend Rank, Champ Rank, the people who brought Master Balls, and those few that we lucky enough to caught Lugia with Ultraballs. "GREAT NOW I DON'T FEEL SPECIAL ANYMORE. WHY DID I WASTE $200 ON THIS SERVER?"
    Also everyone had the chance to caught their teams' corresponding legendary Bird Pokemon or buy them in store for the chance of,getting another one or the one you really wanted if you were not on the team wanted to get it you just made the Legendary Pokemo, Faint or it killed itself with struggle. Well hey now everyone has a Legendary Pokemon now. Now all those Legend Ranks that choose a Legend Bird now feel like they are being throw in front of the bus. You what would happen to people if Legendary Pokemon would spawn in the wild.
    Now let's talk about economy. If Legendary Pokemon Spawned in the wild and were like all other Pokemon everyone could caught it then this would be bad for Pokefind and the server as a whole. What the players buy from the shop gets out back into the server. So if the players stop buying Legendary Bird Eggs or Shiny Legendary Eggs, then the server would be greatly effected. Legend Pokemon would then be like Dratinis or Larvitars after the update in a few months. This means that about 7/10 players would have a Legendary Pokemon on their team.
    Now to be positive okay. I could see this being a feature of it was first come first serve. Meaning that the first to finds it and catches them that means that is the only person that gets to keep it.

6. kdrshv

kdrshv Active Member

I won't pronounce myself about legendary pokemons as I'm a Legendary Rank in the server.

But about shinies spawning in the wild it would be a very cool idea. What is the chance in real games? 1/4096? 1/8192?
    You can use the same idea as in Pokemon Go where the shiny is only seen by 1 person (after beginning the battle only) and nobody else. I don't think think this low chance will ruin the economy that much. But it's only my personal opinion.

7. Larzrum

Larzrum Member

legendary Pokemon I understand why they don't spawn in the wild. the server needs something expensive to sell to make the majority of the money to run this server. As far as shiny Pokemon spawning in the wild. I don't think it's a good idea. Not because it will ruin the economy of the server for the people who keep up with that kind of stuff. But I'm not a fan of shiny Pokemon for some reason and Don't see the purpose of them spawning in the wild.

8. Nate Lewis

Nate Lewis New Member

I get that but im saying if its like pixelmon where only 1 player can catch the legendary and then its gone and its like a 1/100000 chance of spawning it wouldnt ruin the economy because for when one does spawn one player would have it and couldnt trade it sooooo

9. Voultronix

Voultronix Crazy Active Member

1 ) pixelmon didn't have full time devs who costed real money.
    2) every time someone catches a legendary, that' one more person who deosnt buy legend

10. UV_Hail

UV_Hail Well-Known Member

I personally do not believe that this is necessary within the game, especially legendaries spawning wild. While shinies spawning at an exceedingly low rate could be possible eventually, legendaries spawning isn't too fair. With the breeding mechanic added into the game, you can obtain Pokemon with high ivs without much difficulty, thus removing the necessity of buying shinies or auras for their ivs. However, like I said earlier, being able to obtain them in the wild does sound cool. In terms of legendaries, they are not a requirement to play on and enjoy the server, and there are many team compositions that do not have legendaries in them. The legend rank was added solely for those who wished to experience that part of the game, and each legendary pokemon costs roughly 100$. Making legendary Pokemon wild, would make it unfair to those who have spent large amounts of money to get their own legendary, not to mention we already have the option of obtaining a legendary from the quest in Kyoto region. Let's leave the Legendaries to those who have contributed a lot to keep the server up and running, yeah? :)

Voultronix likes this.
  11. Aric - Smidgy

Aric - Smidgy New Member

Not a very good idea. While I maybe see shinies spawning eventually, legendaries aren't going to happen. Each legendary caught is several hundred dollars gone. If you want legendaries, do the legendary quest. If you want shinies, you're going to have to donate.

12. XD001ShadowLugia

XD001ShadowLugia Active Member

If shiny caterpie spawns i want it

13. _ImACqctus_

_ImACqctus_ New Member

Oh look shines spawning in the wild now *For a bit*....

Legendaries never gonna be wild.

14. XD001ShadowLugia

XD001ShadowLugia Active Member

I Seen no shiny caterpies

15. Unit

Unit New Member

Would be way to overpower and if there is legendary pokemon more people would go for the idea of making legendary pokemon tradable which would make the whole server in chaos. Shiny i would say would be ok but the spawn rate should like in pokemon out of 8192 or lower.