Ability Capsules on Synergized Shadows

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ItsDeMod_, May 30, 2018.

1. ItsDeMod_

ItsDeMod_ New Member

Okay, I posted this in bug reports but it's not really a bug so I'm reposting it here. You can't use ability capsules on Shadow Pokemon. I completely understand and agree with this concept, as removing Reverse Mode without Synergizing is totally OP. However, I think the devs should (if they can) make it so that you can use ability capsules on Synergized pokes. This would not make the Synergized Shadows OP/broken in any way, since they already have normal abilities. I understand that it could be difficult, maybe impossible, to code, but if it's practical, I'd love to see this!

2. ShootingFor3

ShootingFor3 Manager / Jedi Master Staff Member Manager Staff Manager Support Manager

I really like this suggestion and I'm glad you added it! I completely agree that they should be able to be used after Synergizing the Pokemon since they have normal abilities. Plus it's not easy to get ability capsules so I think it'd be worth it.

3. kdrshv

kdrshv Active Member

It means you pay 350 tokens (a huge amount) for a Shadow Scizor and it's only 50% of chance to get Technician? And you are not be able to use the Ability Capsule after?

4. ShootingFor3

ShootingFor3 Manager / Jedi Master Staff Member Manager Staff Manager Support Manager

Yeah because the Pokemon is still considered Shadow which is disabled for Ability Capsules to use on. It only removes reverse mode, not the type like Purifying. So yeah it's 50% for which ability you will get which sucks. That's why I am all for this suggestion.