Survival 2.0 - PVP Arena

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by AlmightyPiLord, Apr 6, 2019.

1. AlmightyPiLord

AlmightyPiLord Crazy Active Member

Howdy PokéFind!
    This next idea sorta ties in with my previous suggestion. Please take a look at it HERE if you haven’t already.
    Anyway, this suggestion is about a possible way to implement PVP into the upcoming Survival 2.0!
    Like in my previous suggestion, I’m unsure if the developing team have their own plans for a PVP system, but in case y’all don’t...
    —————————
    I have two separate ideas for how the PVP fighting would be done, but first I want to go over the things that will apply to both ideas.
    -You will be allowed to bring TWO Pokémon and you will be permitted to switch between them during the PVP match. (Refer to PokéPower suggestion).
    -KeepInventory is enabled.
    -PVPoints
    PVPoints are points you get from defeating players. As you collect points, you gain PVP levels that will be shown as a number inside PVP and a badge next to one’s name outside PVP (Badges similar to PokéWorld’s cbattle). As you level up, you may have the opportunity to gain rewards (Once again, similar to PokéFind’s cbattle). You do not lose points if you are killed, but you only gain them if you defeat other players.
    Now, for the two ideas on how the actual PVP would be done.
    ————————
    IDEA ONE
    There would be a PVP town that all players that do the PVP command will be pooled into. Free for all between all players. (Skyblock PVP style).
    IDEA TWO
    Players would perform a command that would put them in a queue and they will be put into a private, separate battle with a single other player. (Cbattle style). They may also do a command (ex: /pvp [IGN]) to target a specific player for a PVP battle. The other player would receive a PVP request message and they would have to accept or deny the request.
    ———————
    And that’s all I’ve got for now! If you have anything you’d like to add or change, please let me know in the comments below!
    Thanks for reading!

CowlessTheEpic and _Siamese_Cat_ like this.
  2. _Bunstop_

_Bunstop_ Well-Known Member

Love the idea (love your other one as well), hope this is added to 2.0 when we get it :D

AlmightyPiLord likes this.
  3. _Siamese_Cat_

_Siamese_Cat_ Active Member

Awesome idea, i would probably play more survival if added.

4. JolteonRoyalty

JolteonRoyalty New Member

I for one, would like to see Pokemon dealing damage directly from the point it is summoned, to players, mobs, and the environment. Adding on to your suggestion, Pokemon would have powers that involve projectiles, movement, and area of effect moves, just to name a few important ones. A nice example would be a Rhyhorn speeding forward a few blocks, when summoned, to apply knock back and damage on contact. These Pokemon powers promote direct involvement from your Pokemon; Rather than being static and passively working as implied in your Survival 2.0 - PokePower suggestion. Finally, some PokePowers can be shared or the same among different species of Pokemon but, the damage dealt and the intensity of the effect would differ between a Rhyhorn charging and lets say a Tauros charging... I'm not exactly sure which one would be more powerful in this situation. :rolleyes:

5. JolteonRoyalty

JolteonRoyalty New Member

On a side note, what about a mechanic for players to whack another players Pokemon to end the effect early. This could also occur if a Pokemon deals damage to the opposing Pokemon in a PVP. This would provide extra functions for Pokemon in PVP such as being a scapegoat decoy, for a split second or two to distract another player just long enough to get an extra whack on em. This would also introduce the HP/Defense/Sp.Def aspect inside Individual Pokemon stats. For example, A Blissey healing a player during a PVP battle could be whacked by the players weapon or Pokemon to send the Blissey back into its Pokeball for a short cool-down time limit. The Blissey would also tank more damage or whacks, than lets say, a Chansey healing(because of the difference in HP). Perhaps even whacking a Blissey but not outright sending it back into the Pokeball would diminish the intensity of the healing effect on the respected player until the Pokemon's effect is used up. This would allow a player to whack a charging Rhyhorn once and lower the damage taken from the Rhyhorn instead of whacking it once and it returning to its Pokeball. A bit of skill involved in that aspect if you think about it more but none the less very hard to program into Minecraft's finest Pokefind server.

6. iC_Braden

iC_Braden Member

Great idea keep it up

7. Baeporeon

Baeporeon UBER Active Member

;o I love this idea! Keep being fantabulous ;D