Why Isn't there a Pokemon level cap instead of Pokemon not listening to you?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Adamaster101, Jul 3, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Adamaster101

Adamaster101 New Member

When your pokemon gets to a high enough level compared to your gym badges, they stop listening to you. They completely stop using attacks and whatever. This makes them pretty much useless, which I think is quite dumb. What I suggest, is to add a level cap for them instead. It should work like the trainer level cap where you can't get any more XP unless you beat the next gym. This makes it so your pokemon can't get to a too high level and it doesn't become useless. I always end up getting my pokemon to a too high level before I can beat the next gym, which means I can't even use him to beat the gym and I'm left with my most powerful pokemon out of the fight.

2. ravi0li_boy

ravi0li_boy New Member

100%. Before my first gym, I had absolutely no clue there even was a point that they'd just...stop listening (in the middle of battle, no less). At least in the Pokemon games, there was a certain chance they wouldn't listen, but Pokefind is completely without mercy. I had to spend another week training up another team to beat the gym, but even then, I was afraid to use my original pokes in case I leveled them too high on accident trying to get to the next gym.

A level cap would make sense with the other mechanics of the game, would be unique to Pokefind in a nice way, and would definitely help out new players.