Survival 2.0 Safari Zone Guide

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AhriFangirl, Sep 15, 2020.

1. AhriFangirl

AhriFangirl New Member

Hello, this is the Safari Zone Guide!

I also have a guide about gyms, the elite four and the bird quest here.

And for basically any other information, here is the Survival Guide Information FAQ!

This guide is definitely a work in progress. If you have any information you'd like to contribute, please leave a comment below or message me on discord!

-------------------------
    Safari Zone Basics
    -------------------------
    The Safari Zone is a fun place to go try to catch rare and powerful pokemon! This is the only place you can catch Hidden Ability pokemon in the wild!

It is located on the story server, and all you have to do is follow the path past the pokemon center and out of /spawn.

To start, you must talk to the Entrance Safari Ranger (157, 17) and pay an entry fee of 5000 coins.
    If Ranger Swarma (178,18) is standing behind the Entrance Ranger, it is highly recommend that you talk to them. Please see the Swarm section for more details!

Once you've paid, you'll receive 30 Safari Balls. These do NOT go into your inventory, instead they will appear in the menu when you encounter pokemon.

To find pokemon, simply find a patch of grass and run around it until a pokemon appears. (Or, find a lake and swim around in it). You can also jump in the grass, which definitely helps conserve food, but encounters might show up less often. I'm not really sure.

Each patch of grass has a different set of pokemon found in them, so see the Map section for all the grass patches and their contents. In addition, the time of day also affects what pokemon appear. So, each patch of grass also has a different encounter-table for Day and Night (based on the position of Minecraft's Sun and Moon).

When you encounter a pokemon you can throw a pokeball at it and hope to catch it! Or, if you aren't interested in the pokemon, you can simply run away.

Keep in mind, that after every other action, the pokemon has a chance to flee! Generally, if you encounter a pokemon you want, you will just throw pokeballs at it until either it catches or the pokemon decides to run. It's all up to luck!

You can also move closer, which makes more likely that a pokeball will succeed, but also makes it more likely for the pokemon to run away! I'm not sure if it's worth it!
    You can also throw pokeblocks, which presumably makes pokemon less likely to run, but also makes it less likely for a pokeball to succeed. You also have to actually have pokeblocks in your inventory to do this. I'm not sure if this is worth it either.

You can stay in the Safari Zone for as long as you want! But once you have used the last of your 30 Safari Balls, your run will end, you will be brought back to the Entrance Ranger, and you will have to pay another 5000 coins to participate again. Your run will also end if you ever leave the Safari Zone, whether it be from the server's daily reboot, your game crashing, or you simply being tired and walking out.
    -----------
    Swarms
    -----------
    About every two hours, a swarm event will be announced in the story server. Regular servers will not receive this notification. While a swarm event is active, Ranger Swarma (178,18) can be found standing behind the Entrance Ranger. This NPC vanishes whenever a swarm is inactive.

Ranger Swarma is responsible for activating the swarm and giving you the Swarm Challenge.

Swarm is a period of time in which a certain species of pokemon becomes more common in the safari zone. You won't find out which species of pokemon it is until a swarm actually starts.

The exact details of timing is still uncertain, but it seems that swarms last about an hour and there is about 1.5 hours until the next swarm starts.

These swarm pokemon won't appear in every grass patch, so you'll have to search around and hope you find a patch that actually has the swarm in it!
    Keep in mind, that just because a swarm pokemon is more common, they may still be rare and have low encounter rates.

Swarm pokemon will NOT appear if you have not talked to Ranger Swarma.
    Swarm pokemon will also NOT appear if you have turned in the current swarm challenge.

With each swarm, the first right click on Swarma will have them explain what a swarm is. You can click SKIP in your chat log in order to skip this dialogue, since it is the same each time. It is at this point that swarm pokemon will start appearing for you. However, it is very important for you to right click AGAIN.

The second right click on Swarma will have them say which species of pokemon is swarming! Then Swarma will offer you a challenge to catch either one, two or three of that pokemon, depending on its rarity! The game will NOT keep track of how many you've caught until after you've talked to Swarma the second time.

Once you've caught enough of the swarm pokemon, return to Swarma and right click to receive your reward! These are definitely worth doing if you're heading into the safari zone, as they will end up refunding your admission fee if completed!
    Catch 3: 5000 coins, 10 tokens, 5000 trainer exp
    Catch 2: 7500 coins, 15 tokens, 7500 trainer exp
    Catch 1: 15000 coins, 20 tokens, 15000 trainer exp

Just keep in mind, after you turn in the quest, swarm pokemon will STOP showing up! So depending on the pokemon, maybe you'd rather have more time to try to find the swarming instead of getting the rewards right away. Just also keep in mind that you won't be able to get the rewards if the swarm ends, since Swarma will also disappear. Unfortunately, there's no indicator of when the swarm is about to end. Good luck!
    --------------------------------------
    Map and Patch Encounters

[​IMG]

NNN117 did all the work and worked super super hard so good work and thank you so so so so much!!!!!

More thank yous and the old somewhat outdated guide in the next post.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2022
  2. AhriFangirl

AhriFangirl New Member

somewhat old and outdated information:
    Map and Patch Encounters

[​IMG]

As you can see, there is a Main Area and a Secret Area. There is large hole in the fence that leads between the two areas. I'm going to be splitting the grass patches (and lakes) between the two sections. The two most popular safari zone pokemon have been marked on the map, but everything will be listed below. Other popular and notable pokemon have been bolded.

Keep in mind, (with exception of Ditto and Larvitar), everything is based on information confirmed after September 12th (the most recent safari zone update). Also "tbd" stands for "to be determined." If you have any pokemon to add to these lists, please let me know, and make sure to mention which area and patch it is in, and whether it was night or day.

Main Area
    Lake A
    Day
    Surskit, Wooper, Poliwag, Barboach, Goldeen, Slowpoke
    Night
    Surskit, Wooper, Poliwag, Barboach, Goldeen, Slowpoke

patch A
    Day
    Scyther, Miltank, Seviper, Taillow, Doduo, Budew, Starly, Bidoof, Oddish
    Night
    Zangoose, Sentret, Spoink, Oddish, Abra, Machop, Poochyena, Grimer, Bidoof, Whismur, Ekans

Volbeat (a catch-3 swarm) was spotted here when it was swarming. not yet sure if that means anything for future non-Volbeat swarms, but I thought it's worth mentioning.

Shroomish (a catch-1 swarm) was spotted here when it was swarming. not yet sure if that means anything for future non-Shroomish swarms, but I thought it's worth mentioning.

Ralts (a catch-1 swarm) was spotted here when it was swarming. not yet sure if that means anything for future non-Ralts swarms, but I thought it's worth mentioning.

patch B
    Day
    Riolu, Scyther, Shinx, Miltank, Seviper, Bidoof, Starly, Oddish, Budew, Doduo, Nidoran-F, Nidoran-M, Taillow

Tauros (a catch-2 swarm) was spotted here when it was swarming. not yet sure if that means anything for future non-Tauros swarms, but I thought it's worth mentioning.
    Night
    Oddish, Poochyena, Machop, Grimer

Slakoth (a catch-1 swarm) was spotted here when it was swarming. not yet sure if that means anything for future non-Slakoth swarms, but I thought it's worth mentioning.

patch C
    Ditto swarms appear here!

Day
    Scyther, Eevee, Heracross, Rhyhorn, Doduo, Starly, Budew, Oddish, Ponyta, Zigzagoon, Exeggcute, Bidoof, Nidoran-M, Nidoran-F.

Tauros (a catch-2 swarm) was spotted here when it was swarming. not yet sure if that means anything for future non-Tauros swarms, but I thought it's worth mentioning.
    Night
    Pinsir, Shinx, Mightyena, Rhyhorn, Tangela, Bidoof, Poochyena, Sentret, Spinarak, Oddish, Machop, Natu, Whismur, Ekans, Machop

Ditto (a catch-1 swarm) was spotted here when it was swarming. not yet sure if that means anything for future non-Ditto swarms, but I thought it's worth mentioning.

patch D
    Day
    Scyther, Rhyhorn, Exeggcute, Zigzagoon, Starly, Oddish, Bidoof, Doduo, Budew
    Night
    Pinsir, Tangela, Natu, Spinarak, Sentret, Ekans, Oddish, Bidoof, Poochyena

patch E
    Day
    Miltank, Bidoof, Doduo, Nidoran Male, Starly, Budew, Poochyena
    Night
    Abra, Bidoof, Whismur, Oddish, Grimer, Machop

patch F
    Day
    Doduo, Oddish, Bidoof, Seviper, Starly, Nidoran-M, Nidoran-F
    Night
    Shinx, Zangoose, Tangela, Ekans, Spoink, Poochyena, Sentret, Grimer, Whismur

patch G
    Day
    Miltank, Seviper, Zangoose, Doduo, Oddish, Budew, Bidoof, Taillow, Starly, Nidoran-F
    Night
    Whismur, Poochyena, Grimer, Bidoof, Oddish, Sentret, Grimer

patch H
    Day
    Seviper, Taillow, Bidoof, Nidoran-M
    Night
    Shinx, Abra, Machop, Poochyena, Oddish, Sentret, Grimer, Bidoof

patch I
    Day
    tbd
    Night
    Ekans, Whismur, Bidoof, Sentret, Natu

Volbeat (a catch-3 swarm) was spotted here when it was swarming. not yet sure if that means anything for future non-Volbeat swarms, but I thought it's worth mentioning.

patch J
    Day
    Doduo, Starly, Zigzagoon, Budew, Bidoof, Exeggcute, Oddish, Nidoran-M, Nidoran-F
    Night
    Rhyhorn, Tangela, Ekans

Shroomish swarm

patch K
    Day
    Mareep, Tangela, Doduo, Bidoof, Starly, Oddish, Budew, Taillow, Whismur, Seviper, Nidoran-F
    Night
    Absol, Zangoose, Abra, Ekans, Oddish, Machop, Grimer, Bidoof, Spoink, Poochyena, Spinarak, Zubat, Bellsprout, Whismur, Venonat

Kangaskhan (a catch-1 swarm) was spotted here when it was swarming. not yet sure if that means anything for future non-Kangaskhan swarms, but I thought it's worth mentioning.

patch L
    Day
    tbd
    Night
    Zubat, Hoothoot, Venonat, Whismur, Machop, Bidoof, Sentret, Poochyena

patch M
    Day
    Scyther, Mareep, Bonsly, Bidoof, Caterpie, Doduo, Starly, Bellsprout, Budew
    Night
    Absol, Tangela, Zubat, Venonat, Poochyena, Sentret, Whismur, Machop, Spinarak, Bidoof, Bellsprout

patch N
    Day
    tbd
    Night
    tbd

patch O
    Day
    tbd
    Night
    Absol

patch P
    Day
    Heracross
    Night
    tbd

patch Q
    Day
    Starly, Budew, Bellsprout, Caterpie
    Night
    tbd

patch R
    Day
    Scyther, Farfetch'd, Doduo, Geodude, Bidoof, Growlithe, Weedle, Gulpin, Starly
    Night
    Sableye, Tangela, Sentret, Gastly, Weedle, Whismur, Drowzee, Poochyena, Bidoof

patch S
    Day
    Scyther, Farfetchd', Phanpy, Growlithe, Geodude, Gastly, Doduo, Weedle, Bidoof, Budew, Starly, Poochyena, Gulpin

Ralts (a catch-1 swarm) was spotted here when it was swarming. not yet sure if that means anything for future non-Ralts swarms, but I thought it's worth mentioning.

Larvitar (a catch-1 swarm) was spotted here when it was swarming. not yet sure if that means anything for future non-Larvitar swarms, but I thought it's worth mentioning.
    Night
    Shinx, Duskull, Sableye, Tangela, Sentret, Whismur, Bidoof, Poochyena, Drowzee, Cubone, Weedle, Geodude, Machop

patch T
    Day
    Gulpin, Budew
    Night
    tbd

patch U
    Day
    tbd
    Night
    tbd

Secret Area
    Lake B
    Day
    Lapras, Relicanth, Clamperl, Shellos-West, Magikarp, Remoraid, Barboach, Psyduck, Tentacool, Staryu, Seel, Finneon, Corphish, Wooper, Slowpoke

Horsea (a catch-3 swarm) was spotted here when it was swarming. not yet sure if that means anything for future non-Horsea swarms, but I thought it's worth mentioning.

Chinchou (a catch-3 swarm) was spotted here when it was swarming. not yet sure if that means anything for future non-Chinchou swarms, but I thought it's worth mentioning.

Mantine (a catch-1 swarm) was spotted here when it was swarming. not yet sure if that means anything for future non-Mantine swarms, but I thought it's worth mentioning.

Corsola (a catch-1 swarm) was spotted here when it was swarming. not yet sure if that means anything for future non-Corsola swarms, but I thought it's worth mentioning.
    Night
    Relicanth, Wailmer, Clamperl, Carvanha, Magikarp, Corphish, Barboach, Shellder, Finneon, Tentacool, Wingull, Seel, Staryu, Wooper, Psyduck, Krabby

Horsea (a catch-3 swarm) was spotted here when it was swarming. not yet sure if that means anything for future non-Horsea swarms, but I thought it's worth mentioning.

Chinchou (a catch-3 swarm) was spotted here when it was swarming. not yet sure if that means anything for future non-Chinchou swarms, but I thought it's worth mentioning.

patch A
    Day
    Chatot, Hoppip, Bidoof
    Night
    Natu, Zubat, Spearow, Bidoof

patch B
    Day
    Swablu, Eevee, Chatot, Nosepass, Solrock, Stantler, Hoppip, Pidgey, Stantler, Geodude, Doduo, Bidoof, Starly, Budew

Skarmory (a catch-1 swarm) was spotted here when it was swarming. not yet sure if that means anything for future non-Skarmory swarms, but I thought it's worth mentioning.
    Night
    Gligar, Shinx, Tangela, Magnemite, Zubat, Natu, Sentret, Bidoof, Nosepass, Machop, Poochyena, Spearow, Whismur, Meditite

Pikachu (a catch-1 swarm) was spotted here when it was swarming. not yet sure if that means anything for future non-Pikachu swarms, but I thought it's worth mentioning.

patch C
    Day
    Hoppip
    Night
    Sentret, Bidoof, Poochyena, Whismur, Machop

patch D
    Aron(time uncertain)
    Skorupi swarm

Day
    Eevee, Shuckle, Smeargle, Bidoof, Starly
    Night
    Bagon, Misdreavus, Sentret, Machop, Spearow, Meditite, Bidoof

patch E
    Day
    Magmar, Starly, Ponyta, Doduo, Ledyba, Geodude, Budew, Hoppip, Meowth
    Night
    Murkow, Geodude, Sentret

patch F
    Day
    Scyther, Magmar, Ponyta, Slugma, Ledyba, Bidoof, Budew, Doduo

Makuhita (a catch-1 swarm) was spotted here when it was swarming. not yet sure if that means anything for future non-Makuhita swarms, but I thought it's worth mentioning.
    Night
    Misdreavus, Murkrow, Tangela, Zubat, Poochyena, Geodude, Whismur, Meowth, Sentret, Sandshrew

patch G
    Gible swarms appear here!

Day
    Riolu, Munchlax, Trapinch, Tyrogue, Torkoal, Sunkern

Snorlax (a catch-1 swarm) was spotted here when it was swarming. not yet sure if that means anything for future non-Snorlax swarms, but I thought it's worth mentioning.

Gible (a catch-1 swarm) was spotted here when it was swarming. not yet sure if that means anything for future non-Gible swarms, but I thought it's worth mentioning.
    Night
    Spiritomb, Trapinch, Croagunk, Shinx, Skitty, Carnivine, Tangela, Sandshrew, Bidoof, Cacnea, Slugma, Wurmple, Geodude, Machop, Poochyena, Numel, Whismur, Seedot

Snorlax (a catch-1 swarm) was spotted here when it was swarming. not yet sure if that means anything for future non-Snorlax swarms, but I thought it's worth mentioning.

patch H
    Day
    Trapinch, Numel, Poochyena, Geodude, Starly, Sandshrew, Machop, Doduo, Budew, Bidoof
    Night
    Dratini, Trapinch, Shinx, Numel, Poochyena, Geodude, Starly, Bidoof, Tangela, Whismur, Machop, Sandshrew, Sentret

patch I
    Day
    Trapinch, Numel, Poochyena, Geodude, Starly, Sandshrew, Machop, Doduo, Budew, Bidoof
    Night
    Dratini, Trapinch, Shinx, Numel, Poochyena, Geodude, Starly, Bidoof, Tangela, Whismur, Machop, Sandshrew, Sentret

patch J
    Day
    Night

patch K
    Day
    Night

patch L
    Day
    Night

patch M
    Day
    Night

----
    I'm legally obligated to mention these people so, a special thank you to HeyItzAsuna, Valedrin, Elefante, Ivan, Blackferret13, NNN117, Demonized666, _Blobfish123_ and Kimkom and basically everyone else in the community for your help with the map/patch section! If you also want to be mentioned, just let me know.

But honestly NNN117 made the map that I've put in the first post and really put in the work that led to the safari zone being figured out. Amazing work and thank you so much!