Starting from Scratch

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Beau1k, Jan 8, 2021.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Beau1k

Beau1k New Member

Hi,

My 9 year old son wants to play PokeFind and I need to help him set it all up. I tried on his fire tablet and that didn't work...I guess this needs to be done on a PC?

So...if I set him up on a PC...can I just buy the latest version of minecraft then goto multiplayer and add the pokefind server?

Any / All help is appreciated!

Happy Hunting!

Thanks,

Beau

2. Eivets500

Eivets500 Active Member

Hey Beau!

You would need the Java version of Minecraft which is installed on PC. Once you install Minecraft you will be able to go to multiplayer and add the Pokefind server IP which is Play.pokefind.co. I recommend having them play on version 1.15

3. Beau1k

Beau1k New Member

Hi! Thanks so much for your reply. How do I purchase a specific version? Any links you could share please or do you just buy it and chose your version before you start to play?

4. DarkEclipic

DarkEclipic Active Member

Hello there!

To add on what Eviets said and to answer your questions, you will need to go to minecraft.net and buy minecraft for the pc(windows 10 is not supported on pokefind)

Once you buy it and get everything set up, you should be able to join with the account and a internet connection and follow the steps from the previous post

5. Beau1k

Beau1k New Member

Thanks very much for the reply! Glad I came here to ask questions! If no windows 10 allowed how do you play this on a PC then?

6. Beau1k

Beau1k New Member

I see there is a Java edition I assume that’s what you are referring to. The edition not the PC OS, right?

7. DarkEclipic

DarkEclipic Active Member

Yes, Java edition is what works on PokeFind.

Windows 10 runs on the PC, yes, but it's more on the side of the Xbox version of mc