Beginners Guide to PokeFind

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DominicBridge, Feb 22, 2017.

Tags: Edit
  1. DominicBridge

DominicBridge New Member

Hello Guys!

I'm just gonna write a quick beginners guide to PokeFind. If you seen anything incorrect or think something can be added let me know.

Getting Started
    Logging In
    First all, PokeFind doesn't require any pesky mods or anything like that. Simply load up Minecraft (PC Verison) Go to Multiplayer and add

play.pokefind.co
    [​IMG]

Simply click Done and then join the server you just added.

Voila! It's time to start your very own Pokémon adventure!

Getting Starter
    When you join you'll notice you're in a Pokémon lab! After the usual chat, but this time from Professor Hemlock (who just so happens to be one of the admins and founders) you will get to pick a starter Pokémon.

Pick whichever you want, however, starting Pokémon are not trade able so be careful which you choose!

After that you will be spawn outside.

What to do!
    Getting around will be done mainly on your feet. If you go to your inventory you will find you have some running shoes. So get them equipped so you can get around a little faster. Riding Pokémon is NOT implemented yet. There are plans to do this at a later date

You will also notice you have
    Trainer Card ~ This simply tells you all the facts about you! Your name, What team you belong to, coins, pokedex counts etc. You can see all this on the right of the screen too. Sometimes this doesn't update straight away.
    Pokédex ~ Just like in the handheld games, this shows you how many Pokémon you have seen & caught. This also give information on each Pokémon and how to evolve them. The Pokédex also shows you evolutions in future gens, whilst the Pokédex is correct, you can NOT current get these.

Poké Tracker ~ This will be your bread & butter, either equip it to the hot bar and right click. Or simply press the F key. This will show you all pokemon in local area. This feature is similar to Pokémon Go (except it works!). Hovering over a Pokémon will tell you the distance!

You will also notice on your hotbar you have your starter. Your first 6 boxes on the hotbar are reserved for your Pokémon team. You can not put items there. Pressing 1 or right click with it high lighted will release the Pokémon from it balls and be visible to everyone. You can not lose Pokémon this way and they do not follow you.

Having a look around
    First of all. Have a look around town and see what you find. The first town is called Finderia Town. As you look around you may notice a few things.

Here's a few things that will be critical on your adventure.

Poké Stops
    [​IMG]

Pokéstops are your bread and butter. Similar to Pokémon go they provide you with items (but no xp).
    Possible Items
    Pokéballs ~ Standard, Great Balls, Ultra Balls
    Potions ~ Standard, Super Potion, Hyper Potion
    Revives
    Stones ~ Water, Thunder, Fire, Leaf & Moon Stones. All at very low drop rates

World Map
    [​IMG]

The Kyoto Region Map.
    These are in every town and on many routes. If you go up close they have a little arrow showing where you currently are

Pokémon Centre
    [​IMG]

Again, you're bread and butter. There is one in every town/city. Going to the nurse and speaking to her will heal all of your Pokémon.

The PC
    [​IMG]
    Inside every centre there is a PC, simply right clicking it will bring up your PC. A standard user will have 2 pages (90 Pokémon). Drag and drop Pokémon to your hot bar to have them in your party

Using the Arrows(minecraft style arrows) will flick through pages, whilst pressing the red sign will turn release mode on. Clicking this then a Pokémon will give you the option to release it. Permanently.

Egg Incubator
    [​IMG]

Egg Incubation is no longer a long tiring effort. You don't have to walk around with them anymore. This nifty machine hatches them for you!.

Eggs can contain a variety of different pokemon depending on the type of egg. For more details on this click here: http://store.pokefind.co/category/770318

Eggs cost real money, but the returns are worth it. As well as getting unobtainable Pokémon. they also have high IVs and come at higher levels!

PokéMart
    [​IMG]

Again these are found in every town. Usually blue in colour to distinguish themselves. By right clicking the NPC inside you will come up with the menu to buy and sell items.

Item Buy Price Sell Price
    Pokéball 500 100
    Great Ball 1000 200
    Ultra Ball 2000 500
    Potion 500 100
    Super Potion 1000 175
    Hyper Potion 1500 350
    Revive 2000 100
    Max Revive 2500 500

To use Items outside of battle

To use any item simply place it in your hot bar, right click. Then the Pokémon list will appear at the top, simply click one to use it on that.

To use items in battle
    Simply click the bag icon at the bottom right and select the item you want and the Pokémon you want.

Cool, I've had a look around, now I'm lost/stuck
    /spawn

Typing /spawn in to chat will teleport directly in front of Pokécentre in Finderia. So you can always be close to a centre for healing.

Ok, I know how to get back, where do I go?
    After using /spawn, turn straight right, and right again and jump off the bridge. Go forward to the pokéstops. This is the first route to the next town, Foretree Village.

Battling!
    So you've took your first steps into the new route. Time to get your trainer level up and your Pokémon level up.

You'll see random Pokémon around, some are other players and some are wild.
    If it has a timer under its name, its wild. If this timer reaches 0 it will despawn.

Right clicking a Pokémon in your hotbar whilst near that Pokémon will initiate a battle.
    [​IMG]
    Each block of 6 highlighted colours is a move. Hovering over will give general stats and information about it.
    Simply click it to use said move. Some moves do NOT work as intended, these are being worked on.

To use an item click the bag at the bottom right, this will let you choose an item, curative or ball.

If you win a battle your Pokémon will get experience, you will also get an equal amount of trainer experience.

Trainer Level
    Your Trainer level decides the maximum level you see in the wild, what Pokémon you can see and what level you can receive in trades.

The maximum level is 30, the maximum wild level is 55 but at level 30 you can see all available Pokémon in the wild and trade any level Pokémon.

Picking a Team & Gyms
    [​IMG]

Gyms look different in every town. Some towns have 2 gyms as well!

Gyms work similarly to Pokémon Go. They are player run and ran by Teams Mystic(woo!), Valor & Instinct.

To battle a gym go inside and right click the gym leader, you can view what Pokémon are in there and their level. To Battle it click the fire symbol.

When it has no prestige left, you can take the gym for your team. Simply clicking the "empty" gym leader and using the Anvil symbol you can add a Pokémon from your party. You can also train your Pokémon (this doesn't give exp) to add to prestige to add more Pokémon to the same gym.

When you have Pokémon in a gym, one a day you can use /claim. This will give you 200xp & 100 coins for every Pokémon in a gym as well as POSSIBLY an evolution stone. This can only be done every 24 hours

To Join a team and get battling you first of all have to reach level 5 Trainer level.
    Then simply go to a gym, click the leader and you will see our good old friend Professor Hemlock who will introduce to the teams and let you pick.

Evolution stones and Mystery Man (MM)
    Evolution stones are found rarely from Pokéstops and using /claim. A slightly more reliable source is the Mystery Man. The Mystery Man shows up randomly in servers for 10 minutes. He spawns in a random town and everyone has to try and find him.
    He sells all stones ffrom 60 tokens each as well as the ability to trade Pokémon with him for 100k to get their evolved forms back (Machamp, Gengar, Alakazam, Golem). However this is much cheaper and easier to do with other players.

To get help finding the Mystery Man join PokéFinds Discord Channel.
    https://discord.gg/UPPbQ5c

Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
  2. DominicBridge

DominicBridge New Member

Frequently Asked Questions

Where is X Pokémon?
    Mast3rF0g has written up an excellent guide on the location of nearly every Pokémon.
    Click here to view it: http://forums.pokefind.co/index.php?threads/location-of-the-pokemon-in-the-server.346/

I checked that post, but I still can't find X
    Some Pokémon have varying spawn times and minimum trainer level requirements.

Details of each of these can be found on
    https:confused:/pokefind.co/wiki/index.php and clicking on the Pokémon you want info on.

How do I get Tokens?
    Tokens can be gained from using the /vote command, and by /claim. You can use /vote every 24 hours and get a token for each vote. /claim can be used every 22hours and will give you a token (as well as trainer exp & coins) for each pokemon you have in a gym, Maximum: 20.

Where do I get Eggs?
    Using /buy, or going to http://store.pokefind.co/ . There are other ways to get eggs including giveaways and very RARELY from /vote.

I haven't received my items from the store.
    Don't worry, first of all check your emails to make sure you finalised it and have the confirmation email. Second of all, if you used a credit card, your card may delay for 3-4 days. Finally, if your sure you have done everything and have waited for a while. Contact Aaron on Discord: https://discord.gg/UPPbQ5c

Please can I have x?
    Please don't beg in public channels for Pokémon and stones. Most players have worked hard for them and often don't want to give them away. Feel free to ask, but please don't continue to pester.

What are Ranks?
    Ranks are available to buy here :http://store.pokefind.co/category/770315

They provide some fantastic perks including seeing IVs, accessing the PC from anywhere, warping to towns and even getting Legendary Pokémon!

Are Legendary Pokémon in the game?
    They are in the game, but are currently unobtainable. Buy a Legend rank grants you a legendary.

There will be upcoming events where you can get attempts to capture legendary Pokémon, but these haven't been announced, yet...

Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
  3. Mast3rf0g

Mast3rf0g Well-Known Member

Really nice post ;)

4. Minutes

Minutes Active Member

Terrible post.

Terribly good*

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2017
  5. Madara_

Madara_ Well-Known Member

Nice post

6. ProfessorHemlock

ProfessorHemlock Professor

Looks good!

7. inkventive

inkventive Well-Known Member

Great post! Very handy for players news to the server. Well done.

8. inkventive

inkventive Well-Known Member

@Aaron can you please sticky/pin this.

MrWaffleFries - Chris likes this.
  9. MrWaffleFries - Chris

MrWaffleFries - Chris Crazy Active Member

I love when players make amazing guides like this :) thank you for this!

10. DominicBridge

DominicBridge New Member

Updated to add new changes.

11. Mellorman10

Mellorman10 New Member

Anybody know where is the best place to download the minecraft 1.1.2 client?
    Apologies for noob question, new to minecraft servers

12. UNL34SHEDVortex

UNL34SHEDVortex New Member

Wow great guide! :D

13. JackoDEJ

JackoDEJ New Member

Somebody pin this! The information on here is so useful!

14. Dimald789

Dimald789 New Member

i accidentally clicked the offhand button while i was putting on my running shoes and they dissapeared :( pls help