Effort values

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kialos, May 18, 2017.

1. Kialos

Kialos Well-Known Member

Hello trainers

Here is an explanation for effort values

- What are effort values

- What effort values do

- Effort values items

- Pokémon Effort Values

What are "Effort values"
    Effort values, abbreviated EVs, are attributes which give bonuses to an individual Pokémon's stats and improve differently depending which Pokémon they defeat.

What effort values do
    Effort values, in the form of effort points, are gained in addition to bonuses gained by increasing level. Effort values ensure that trained Pokemon are stronger than wild Pokemon, even those of the same level. Effort points are awarded equally to all Pokémon who participated in defeating a Pokémon. Though they are shared, each of the Pokémon will receive the standard amount of effort points. The max effort values per Pokemon are 510.

Effort values items

(Currently in the game)

Power Items:
    Power Items are hold items that will increase the amount of EVs gained per battle. Each relates to a specific stat and will give you 4 additional EVs in that stat. You can get these for 50 Tokens at the Filora Town breeding shop in the Jataro region.

[​IMG]

• [​IMG] Power Weight (HP)
    • [​IMG] Power Bracer (Attack)
    • [​IMG] Power Belt (Defense)
    • [​IMG] Power Lens (Sp. Attack)
    • [​IMG] Power Band (Sp. Defense)
    • [​IMG] Power Anklet (Speed)
    Battling a Squirtle, for example, normally yields 1 Defense EV. Holding the Power Belt, this is increased to 5. If holding the Power Band, you receive 1 Defense EV and 4 Special Defense EVs.

Berries:
    Effort value berries are Items you use on a Pokemon which decrease 10 effort values depends on the berry type, most of the time those berries are used if you accidentally effort value trained the Pokemon in the wrong effort value, If you killed the wrong Pokemon, if you used the wrong Pokemon and if you decide to effort value train the Pokemon in different effort values.

You can buy those berries near Amber city when you right click Aunty Alma, each berry cost 4000 coins, and you can review your effort values by clicking the bone for 500 coins.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pomeg Berry: -10 HP EV

Kelpsy Berry: -10 Attack EV

Qualot Berry: -10 Defense EV

Hondew Berry: -10 Special Attack EV

Grepa Berry: -10 Special Defense EV

Tamato Berry: -10 Speed EV

Pokémon Effort Values:

https://pokemondb.net/ev/all

Last edited: Sep 22, 2017
  2. SVGDerek

SVGDerek New Member

I think this is very helpful! I like how it explains how EV's work & how people can master the topic, instead of just being a place that has a link.

3. Kialos

Kialos Well-Known Member

Thanks!

4. SadAtron

SadAtron Active Member

This was very useful and i didn't know the berries were a thing and I have been playing this server for almost 2 months!
    I would love to see a post like this for IVs

Kialos likes this.
  5. mmMelon

mmMelon Active Member

Nice post!

Kialos likes this.
  6. Kialos

Kialos Well-Known Member

Thanks! and maybe in the future :)

7. Kialos

Kialos Well-Known Member

Thanks!

8. ZombByeGod

ZombByeGod Well-Known Member

This is gonna be really helpful to new player. I still occasionally see people asking how or what is Ev's in Kyoto.

Kialos likes this.