Money, Money and more money.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MeatFeastMan, Mar 30, 2017.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. MeatFeastMan

MeatFeastMan Member

Everyone seemed to want to be able to name their pokemon. People were excited. HOWEVER, what they didn't want is for you to sort of interpret that as 'we will pay to nickname our pokemon!'.

Which you did.

This is getting ridiculous... How can you possibly be telling people that you have to pay real money to NAME your pokemon of all things? A lot of people didn't like how it was already so money-focused and driven, so for you to just totally ignore so many people and still only care about the rich on here is a joke.

What's next? Having to pay money to claim a gym or what?

I understand hats and shiny pokemon, that's totally cool. They don't provide any unfair game advantage, they are just cool-looking things.

But what I can't understand, and what many other people can't understand is the fact that there are fossil pokemon that are exclusive to donors (This is particularly totally unfair), lucky eggs, rare candies, exp shares and now even NAMING POKEMON. I mean, seriously...naming pokemon, let that sink in for a second.

I completely get that donors contribute a lot. They should get benefits, I totally agree. But you have to draw the line..

I have a feeling these 'april updates' that are supposed to be really exciting and cool may be exciting and cool, just only for donors. I hope I am proved wrong.

There is more to life than money.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2017
  2. Wispen

Wispen New Member

A lot of people put a lot of time into making this server fun and enjoyable, I assume the owners, developers, and big youtubers all need to be compensated with the amount of time they invest into the server. On top of that, it's a free to play game that is easily worth $10 (Cheapest rank).

I understand your concern with the Fossil Pokemon, maybe they'll add some way to obtain fossils, and turn them into Pokemon in the future.

But apart from that I don't really see the problem with nicknaming being a payed perk only. By making it payed it helps prevent loads of free to play players from abusing its functionality and making inappropriate nicknames.

$10 is fairly cheap, and the quality of the server makes it well worth it to purchase at least that rank. It's not a requirement.

Yes some people can't afford to buy expensive things, but $10 is fairly cheap and manageable for just about every person that owns a computer, can afford internet, and has time to play Minecraft.

None of the players are entitled to ever access the server, the owners let everyone play for free out of the kindness of there hearts, they need to monetize the server somehow or it wouldn't be possible to maintain.

I honestly think the choice to make nicknaming ranks only was a very good choice, especially because payed players most likely won't risk getting banned by making inappropriate nicknames.

3. Mast3rf0g

Mast3rf0g Well-Known Member

One of the reason why Renaming a Pokemon is a Donor only feature, is that if we give it to every players, there will be for sure people who would name their Pokemon with bad names. By giving that perk to Donors, they do not want to get banned, so they are likely not gonna use names that could possibly hurt people.

4. demonized666

demonized666 Member

People wanted more incentives to buy a rank because there wasnt much perks. Server gives a donor perk to add more value to it and still complaints. They cant please everyone BUT i do think they should let non donors re name their pokemon aswell but for lets say 25,000 per rename. Yeah that seems alot but atleast they would have a way.