Removal of Fairy typing (for now)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Diamond_Beacon, Jan 4, 2018.

1. Diamond_Beacon

Diamond_Beacon New Member

I think Fairy typing should be removed as it first came out in Gen 6, not Gen 3, I am a dragon fanatic but that is not part of this, I mean when gen 6 comes out then actually add it. Anyone agree with me?

2. RainbowTeletubi

RainbowTeletubi Admin Staff Member Manager Staff Manager

I think that fairy typing should stay just because all the other battle mechanics of this game are based off gen 6 so removing fairy type would make no sense. Fairy typing also enhances competitive battling and make a use of Gardevoir, Clefable ext.

3. Diamond_Beacon

No offense but I think that is kinda... not thought of since, there is no parts of pokefind with mega evolution... thats what sparked this. because if gen 6 fairy is here... why not mega? Thats all I have to say.

4. UV_Hail

UV_Hail Well-Known Member

All the moves that we have are based on generation 6, this allows the players to have a larger variety of moves. Removing the fairy type entirely would mess up a lot of mechanics and would most likely take a long time to remove, as they've been there from the start. Whilst your reasoning appears logical, the amount of time it would take to remove the fairy types is too much. Furthermore, leaving it in the game does not appear to be a negative thing, as there are a larger variety of moves and meta's that the players can explore.

5. TheMetaPanda

TheMetaPanda New Member

I get where your coming from, but if fairy type would be removed and we went to gen 3 combat, a lot of movesets would be switched and it might not be a good thing. As Iris said fairy types aren't negatively influencing the game so why not keep them?

6. Voultronix

Voultronix Crazy Active Member

Gen 6 mechanics means that all Pokemon are in their updated types. It makes complete sense.. megas are stupid in the sense that megas were added to spice up the game and they disappeared the following generation

7. Diamond_Beacon

Heh, Funny thing though, Mega's are in fact in sun and moon ultra sun ultra moon, you can find them at the battle tree at the shopkeeper at the very right of them. jus wanted to point that thing out.

8. Diamond_Beacon

That was completely out of topic if anyone thinks its part of the argument

9. Voultronix

Voultronix Crazy Active Member

Gen 7 Pokemon can't mega evolve though.. they got Z moves. It's simply so that game freak could make the generic game play unique.